Sorry, I have no suggestions. I very rarely get cold enough for a jacket while I run. I'm usually good with a LS tee and a cozy vest. (Also long pants, gloves, ear bags or ear muffs, maybe a hat. :-)
I hope you find something reasonably priced that you love!
I am looking at some of the Land's End ones... I get emails from them all the time with sales and free shipping. Let me know if you'd like the discount codes.
I love my running jacket but it must be 7+ years old. I will tell you why I would look for another jacket just like this one when it is time to get a new one. The jacket I have will work in rain or cold, even very cold. It is made by New Balance. The outer shell is nylon. When I first got it I was not so sure about the nylon. It seemed to me it would not be warm enough, but I think it is the nylon that cuts the cold so well. The jacket is not rain proof, but it keeps me dry in the rain. The jacket has a thin polyester lining. I was actually in Academy today and stopped over in the jackets to see what they had in comparison. The nylon jackets they had, had a mess like lining, mine is not mesh. Second, the nylon seemed softer not as stiff or thick of a feel as mine. Also mine has reflector strips on both the front and back which I highly recommend! My jacket has zipper pockets which are great for keeping things secure and the sleeves Velcro around the wrist. It is worth spending a little extra on a performance jacket. It will last you for years. Hope that helps. Happy shopping!
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Miles in 2010
Running--about 875...I missed a few days of counting here and there, but overall a good year!
Sorry, I have no suggestions. I very rarely get cold enough for a jacket while I run. I'm usually good with a LS tee and a cozy vest. (Also long pants, gloves, ear bags or ear muffs, maybe a hat. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope you find something reasonably priced that you love!
Funny - I'm looking for the same thing! I just came here to see if anyone left you suggestions. Let me know if you find anything good. :) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI am looking at some of the Land's End ones... I get emails from them all the time with sales and free shipping. Let me know if you'd like the discount codes.
ReplyDeleteI love my running jacket but it must be 7+ years old. I will tell you why I would look for another jacket just like this one when it is time to get a new one. The jacket I have will work in rain or cold, even very cold. It is made by New Balance. The outer shell is nylon. When I first got it I was not so sure about the nylon. It seemed to me it would not be warm enough, but I think it is the nylon that cuts the cold so well. The jacket is not rain proof, but it keeps me dry in the rain. The jacket has a thin polyester lining. I was actually in Academy today and stopped over in the jackets to see what they had in comparison. The nylon jackets they had, had a mess like lining, mine is not mesh. Second, the nylon seemed softer not as stiff or thick of a feel as mine. Also mine has reflector strips on both the front and back which I highly recommend! My jacket has zipper pockets which are great for keeping things secure and the sleeves Velcro around the wrist. It is worth spending a little extra on a performance jacket. It will last you for years. Hope that helps. Happy shopping!
ReplyDelete