I am thrilled to say that I think I am really better! I ran three miles with hills and no injury pain at all. I did go slow and was really careful, but I think this may be the end of my mystery injury. The only thing I am looking out for now is that it could be a sports hernia...I feel no evidence of that, but the last ortho doc I went to said to watch for signs of that.
Distance--3 miles with hills
Time--about 30 minutes (I'm not using my Garmin right now because I am trying to go slow--not fast. That silly thing makes me try to go faster and faster.)
Clothing--Under Armour cold gear half zip,running shorts, and gloves. It is getting a little chilly in the mornings...but still very comfortable.
Last week on one of my runs I had the pleasure of seeing a momma deer and her baby cross the road...just like old times. Smile :)!
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Sooo happy for you, Kim!
ReplyDeleteYay! So happy for you too! I might be joining you the first of the year. My sweet little baby girl was born last Wednesday. I had a c-section (again) so I need to give my body a chance to heal but I hope to begin jogging after the holidays. I'll be living vicariouly through you until then. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree about the Garmin. One of my new "normals" is to leave the watch at home. It is really hard not to time myself but it is training my mind to trust what my body is doing not what the watch is telling me. I am sooooo happy for you Kim, so happy you are moving forward and this injury seems behind you. Praise God!
ReplyDeleteThis is such beautiful news. I am going to cherish the small miles if that's all I can do now. Thank you for the beautiful reminders.
ReplyDelete