I have been able to run about 3 miles at a slow pace every other day lately and so far so good. It has been so nice to be out there running again...even if it is as slow as a turtle. Faster isn't always better, I am finding. I think taking a rest day in between really helps me have time to allow my body to repair and feel better. I have made some small diet changes as well. I read that my mostly vegan diet may have too much fiber in it...plus not enough protein to heal after an injury, so I am upping the protein some with some lean protein choices. I still eat lost of plant foods, especially during this terrible flu season...to hopefully help my immune system, but a few animal products may make me stronger and able to get over this injury.
It is lots better, though. I am thankful.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Glad you're making progress and getting stronger, and I think it's wise to take rest days!
ReplyDeleteAre you and your family taking Vit. D3 to build immunity? We're all taking 3-5000 IU per day.
So glad you are getting stronger and have been able to run. I know how much you have missed it.
ReplyDeleteMary Ann,
ReplyDeleteNo, we are not taking extra Vit d...but my calcium that I sometimes take has vit D in it.
I say sometimes because most supplements make me have a nauseating headache...that is one of the reasons I try to eat so healthfully.