Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reality Check for Injured Runners....

I awoke early this morning....and headed out into the cold darkness. I love running in the early hours of the morning. Such peaceful quietness...no cars, very few house lights on, and no people. Nice. I was running along, with extra energy and I noticed the tension in my shoulders and neck started melting away. I was relaxed...and I kept going, pushing myself to a comfortable pace to endure the long run. My heart was beating fast and my pace was picking up. It felt good. I remembered then why I have love running so much! I was anticipating the sunrise that I knew would be visible in the next half hour or so...what a morning and I was getting to enjoy it.

Then I felt that twinge of pain in my lower abdomen and hip...and reality hit hard. I have not been running for 4 months! Wow! I have missed it.

But, I did manage to run 3 miles with hills and walk one mile at the end.

And...I am feeling good.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to run again for a while. You have been so good about giving your body time to heal. I hope next time you won't feel that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Kim! Glad you still love it! Take your time easing back in . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could feel that run with you as I read!!! I so hope and pray this is the start of being able to run again. I know what ever happens over the next few days and weeks God will give you the grace to handle it. The fact you could run 3 miles WITH HILLS! and continue to walk a 4th is such good news Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally sympathizing with you - more than ever now. praying your body heals quickly so you can enjoy what you love to do - RUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, Just stopping in to check on you. I've been praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete