Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Good Run and 100 Push Ups

I am very blessed to say that my running is going well and the pain has almost subsided completely. I do feel some twingy type pain in lower abdomen every once in a while, but I think it is just the after effects of whatever injury I had. Overall, I am running at a nice comfortable pace and feel great. I'm still trying to be patient and keep my mileage low and be super careful...afterall, pushing myself is what got me here in the first place...so PATIENCE and paying attention to my body is what I am trying to do.

Today it was bright and sunny, cool enough for my frosty running tights,and just a gorgeous morning! I ran a little bit farther...I think close to 4 miles,I am guessing it was close to that since I know how long each stretch that I normally run is. Plus,I am not wearing my Garmin yet, so I don't have exacts. I felt good at 3 miles, so I added little bit more. I was fine and actually did really well with the distance. So, Yay!!!

I have also been doing this challenge..trying to get to 100 push ups. My older daughters are working towards this, too. My 6 year old is trying to do it, too...she can do 10 real push ups! I may not get to 100, but I am already getting stronger am able to do so much better than when I started. I did 4 sets of 10 yesterday. I like following the workout schedule, but some days I do my own thing. It is fun!

5 comments:

  1. Great news about increasing your running, Kim! Pushups are killer, but thanks so much for the encouragement. I can only do knee pushups, but I just did 11 and think I will try to do them faithfully 3X week and see what happens. Can't imagine doing 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear running is going well. I will have to check out that link. 100 is a lot - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 100 push-ups would be quite an accomplishment! A fun challenge! 40 isn't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! on the increase mileage. So happy that this injury seems behind you and you are back to running. I think it is wise you are listening to your body and not the watch. I know it is a challenge to not base progress on the time on the watch. For now progress is just what you are doing, running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, listen to your body and leave the watch home. It's not always about the time but the way you feel at that moment.

    ReplyDelete