Running has been going well. I have been able to run short distances with little or no pain. I even increased my distance some on Monday and only felt that dull lower abdomen pain right at the end. It did not stay with me all day like it has in the past so I am very thankful I still continue to improve, even while running.
My last run on Monday morning was a very great run! My pace felt quick(maybe in the 9 mile range)...still not wearing my Garmin, so I am not sure, but it felt like the pace I am very comfortable with on a normal running of day not trying too hard, but not being cautiously slow like I have been running. I ran farther...maybe 4 1/2 miles and it felt really good to keep going.
I know I am nowhere near all you marathon and ultra running runners out there, but I am very blessed and thrilled to be able to do what I love again!
God has really been working in my heart this week. I know that this time of the year is always hard for me...not in a bad way, I love this season...but I can get easily stressed about everything that needs to get done and also very easily distracted by all that glitters and shines...please visit me at Lifesong to read how I am trying to focus on God's truth about Himself. As women we need to pray for one another...that we would serve our families with joy and treasure God above all. That is my prayer.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

I'm so thankful Kim that your running is going well and you are progressing! It is so true about the added stress during this time of year. I already feel it. But I am purposing to be thankful for what the Lord is allowing and trusting Him in the things I can not control. I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news to hear! Keep the garmin at home and just enjoy. I personally like to leave my watch at home and just go... taking it all in and listening to my body when to stop. So happy for you!!!
ReplyDelete