Monday--3.5 miles
Tuesday--1 mile fun run while kids rode their bikes
Wednesday--6 miles
Thursday--1 mile fun run again while the kids rode along
Friday--3 mile walk (rest day)
Saturday--6.2 miles in the hot sun and it felt wonderful!
I have noticed that as I have increased my distance just one day a week(longer run on Saturday) that irritating lower abdomen dull pain comes back. Thankfully it is staying isolated to just that area and I am fine running...it just scares me. I ran 6.2 miles this morning and felt it all the way, but it never got worse or anything. I am running very slow for me, but that's okay. After running, I iced the area and took one aspirin.
Still considering running a half in October.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Kim just listen to your body I think taking it slow right now is very wise. Let the area adjust to the stress of just the mileage right now. Your speed will come back naturally because you are in such great shape and not afraid to push yourself. It won't take long. It will be a great feeling when you cross that finish line in October after all that you have gone thorough. I can't say my last run in the sun was wonderful, more draining, hopefully it will get easier as my body readjust to running in the heat again.
ReplyDelete