I am home from the beach and although it rained quite a bit, we had a wonderful trip! All of my relatives from my mom's side of the family were there...which makes for a pretty large crowd! My mom is one of 8...so all of my aunts and uncles, cousins, and second cousins were there(well a few couldn't make it, but most of them were there). We stayed in houses on 30-A, which is the scenic road that runs along Santa Rosa Beach, Seagrove beach, and Rosemary Beach. I've always known it as the road that leads to beautiful Seaside. I LOVED this area! Our family liked it so much that when we go back, we are going to rent a condo on 30 A. It is still close enough to Destin, but a little ways out so it feels quieter and more laid back. Can't wait for September!
One of the things I loved about this area was the running/bike path along the road, with beautiful glimpses of the ocean. I ran 4 times while we were there and could have continued on for miles and miles because it was so beautiful! Nothing like a fantastic view to rev up my running! All 4 runs were 4-5 miles long and my pace seemed faster than usual. I did not even bring my Garmin...just wanted to run for complete enjoyment and I did!
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about running for miles when the view is so wonderful. I can't wait to get back to Destin. Since we will be much closer after our move to Houston hopefully we will make the trip more often. When we were in Destin this past May our friends who were there also stayed in Santa Rosa. They also plan to stay there again for the same reasons. We'll have to try that area next time. Post some pictures of the vacation!
ReplyDelete