Saturday, July 24, 2010

I decided on these shoes:


I have run in them twice this week and they are great. I'm not surprised since these have always been my favorite....why do I veer off from a good thing? My injury occurred when I switched from these shoes...I have always wondered if that had a lot to do with it.

My runs this week:

Monday--4.5 miles
Tuesday--3.5
Wednesday-3
Thursday--rest day...worked on upper body and core
Friday--3.5
Saturday--6

I ran 6 this morning one hour later than my usual run time and the heat was incredible. I had to stop in the shade for a few minutes to let my heart rate go down a little. Overall, the run felt good in my new shoes and I did not feel any phantom pains, which was very encouraging.

Mike and I have recently bought our younger 2 children new bikes...so while looking in the bike store we started looking and researching road bikes. I have always wanted to ride a road bike...I'm a little intimidated with speed, but I just think it looks like so much fun! So...Mike and I have decided to buy new bikes for us, too. I have tried a couple, and they are getting a few new ones in this week that the bike man seemed to think would be a good fit for me. I'm super excited about it! I bought a new helmet and actually ordered some of those dreaded padded shorts that I said I would never wear, but I realize that is a must if you ride any kind of distance. I guess biking can be my way of getting to 26.2 miles.

I'm still waiting to see how my body does with adding more mileage before signing up for a half that is coming up in October. The actual training period on the website says to begin training the first week of August. I really want to give it a try, so we will see how it goes in these next couple of months.

Have a fun week running and please stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. i do l♥ve my nimbus! i got the pink ones! i think next ones will be red or blue. the cushion is just out of this world!

    i am so happy for you that your 6 miler went well. i ran in the heat too - wow, that was so hard!

    ReplyDelete