It is a very rainy morning here so I decided to spend some good quality time with my dear friend, Jillian. I have not had her over in a while, so it was time to get the dvd going, grab some weights, and hit it hard!
I have been doing the push up challenge and I have worked up to 25 push ups X 3...so 75 all together with short rest in between...and I can really tell my strength has improved. So much so, that I could handle the level one *real* push ups on the shred dvd without stopping at all. Wow! Last time I did it I would do a few real man push ups, stop, and then finish with the easier version push ups. I am happy with my progress....and it does feel good to be able to keep up with Jillian and the girls on the dvd.
I am hoping to run 5 miles tomorrow or Friday...yes, I said 5. I am slowly increasing my distance and so far so good! We will see how it goes.
Once again, it feels so good to be out there again and enjoying the blessing of a healthy body. Continuing to praise God through the victories and the days where I am not so sure I can do it...knowing that it is all because of Him anyway! Pressing on!
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

I am so glad I found your exercise blog! I started on the push-up challenge 2 weeks ago - it sure has helped me! Thanks for the link! It is raining here as well, so Jillian is coach today - trying to get ready for a 5K on Saturday and hoping to run the Music City 1/2 in the spring!
ReplyDeleteI had a session with Jillian myself this morning! It was my first time. I just bought the dvd to use to get back in shape after having my baby girl,she is now 6 weeks old! I will start running again in another few weeks. Anyway,good to know you use this occasionally too. Also, I know how busy you must be but I really miss your meal plans! :)
ReplyDelete