Monday, August 2, 2010

Half Marathon Training Begins Today!

And I ran a great distance of 2 miles. Woohoo! I am following Hal Higdon's novice plan so that I can take it easy these first few weeks. I have changed up the days some, because I always run my long run on Saturday instead of Sunday, which is my rest day/church day. Honestly, these 2 miles were hard for me...I think because I usually warm up at the 1.5 mile mark and then it gets easier after that. I never made it to the *after that* enjoyable running time. This week will be 2,3,3,and 4 with some strength training in between. It feels like I am going backwards, but I don't want to jump ahead...slow and steady wins the race, right?

This was the runner's world quote of the day and is fitting for me as I train:

It is better, I think, to begin easily and get your running to be smooth and relaxed and then to go faster and faster.

Henry Rono, champion runner


Happy Running!

2 comments:

  1. yes!! i do love that quote. so true so true. this is my last "easy" week. :( then it really gets hard so enjoy it and do as the schedule says! i'm praying for injury free training for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kate! I hope your training goes well, too!

    ReplyDelete