I love having my Garmin 305! It is so helpful! I have never known my exact distance and pace when running! Mike was so sweet to get it for me earlier this year! The Garmin makes it so fun! But, it can also take some of the joy out of it. Especially when you are like me and wanting to know my pace all the time. It makes me work harder and makes running not as fun.
So today, I decided I would only look at my pace 2 times while running. I would just simply run at a comfortable pace and not think about it, especially since I was so tired yesterday. I didn't want to push myself. Mike asked me to sleep in this morning and get lots of rest, so I did. I woke up at 8am, which is late for me. I think I needed it. I usually run early in the mornings, but I ran in the bright sunshine this afternoon. It was nice, but a little windy. I tried to just run and enjoy.
My Distance--6.82
Time--1:06:47
Pace--9:47/mi
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

That was so sweet of your husband to encourage you in that way. My husband is a blessing in those sort of ways also. I have been wanting to buy my Garmin for a while now especially since most trails I run are not marked. But I know I will obsess about my time and I'm just trying to get used to running outside again. I'm glad you were able to just enjoy your run and you still had a really good pace for your distance.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a Garmin either and never know my pace until I get home. I enjoy putting in the details and discovering my pace afterwards - like you, I think I would be constantly checking my pace if I had a Garmin. I wasn't even aware of pace really until I started reading all your blogs!!!! I am new to all the "technicalities" of running. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is great to know about things like this though, as it is fun to keep track and also to push myself a little more.
You had a great pace today, especially for a longer run, you kept your pace well.