Monday, April 20, 2009

Today's Run

Distance--4.26
Time--45:05
Pace--9:45/mi

I woke up so tired today. I don't know why...I am wondering if I am still trying to recover from the 12 mile run from last Thursday...could that still be affecting me?

I ran some hills today. I ran up Victory Hill once.(Thanks for the name Terri!) It didn't feel too much like a Victory Hill today...I was tired and had to make myself do it. Then I ran up and down the long steady incline hill 2 times that I run often and then one more medium steep hill. It was one of those days that it took everything I had to do it.

Since then I have stayed pretty fatigued all day today. I finally made myself gulp a 20 oz water bottle right after lunch and that seemed to help. I hope I feel much better tomorrow. Maybe I can get to bed early tonight.

This morning I had some time to keep up with the minute by minute blogging on runnersworld of the Boston Marathon. I was really hoping that Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher would win. It sounds like they ran a great race...the winners just out ran them at the end. It is amazing that people can run like that! Congrats to Ryan and Kara on a great race!

2 comments:

  1. I would say yes, your 12 miler still could be affecting you, it's quite a distance. Good for you on Victory Hill (I have one of those and I must confess that I have yet to run it, I just can't, I always walk up that part - short and really steep!), I am in admiration of your running it......twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jane, I think your 12 miler could be the issue. But Kim you really pushed it today! You should feel good about what you accomplished in light of your energy! Good job Kim!

    ReplyDelete