Distance--4.43 miles
Time--39:55
Pace--9:00/mi
I am studying this week on God's faithfulness and steadfastness in my quiet time. This attribute of God has been especially comforting to me over the years as I have struggled with doubt in regards to my salvation. When I doubt, I make it more about me than I should--instead of just seeing His faithfulness in saving me and keeping me. I look at myself and my lack of faith instead of seeing His power to save and keep me in spite of my own wicked heart. I focus on what I have NOT done in my life, instead of seeing what He HAS DONE in my heart. I have a self centered focus at times that causes my heart to think that there is no way I could be His child. I lose sight of His faithfulness to me at times. This quote has been so helpful to me to encourage me to see that the object of my faith is what is important...not how much faith I have.
“Imagine you are on a high cliff and you lose your footing and begin to fall. Just beside you is a branch sticking out of the edge of the cliff. It is your only hope and seems more than strong enough. How can it save you?
If you’re certain the branch can support you, but you don’t actually reach out and grab it, you are lost. If instead your mind is filled with doubts and uncertainty that the branch can hold you, but you reach out and grab it anyway, you will be saved. Why?
It is not the strength of your faith but the object of your faith that actually saves you. Strong faith in a weak branch is fatally inferior to weak faith in a strong branch.”
—Timothy Keller, The Reason For God (New York, NY: Dutton, 2008), 234
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is GOD, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations.
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we love have loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
I thought this blog was about running...I guess everything in my life always come back to how wonderful My God is!
Be blessed and encouraged today!

Great Pace! And great post, I love how your blog is about running and about what you are learning!
ReplyDelete