I have had some success with the water running...I ran for about 30 minutes yesterday and felt no pain. Later in the day when I was tired and having to be out late with my older girls at youth group, I started to feel some muscle pain in my lower abdomen and groin area(like I did from the water running last week). I am hoping this is from using different muscles with the water running and it is not related to the injury...but it is on the same side. Hmmmm....I'm not sure. I need to be careful. The problem with this kind of injury is that it won't heal if I am not resting enough...the injury will hang around longer if not allowed to heal. So many runners that I have read about would run or walk when they were not sure what it was and that made the stress fracture last for months longer than it should have. I feel like I am making some progress, but just want to be careful not to do too much. The goal is to run again, so the sooner the better!
I have been reading through *The China Study* again and have become more convinced in the benefits of a mostly vegan diet...so I am trying to be consistent with that. Have you read that book? It is amazing what the study showed from an unbiased point of view about the health, or lack of, we have from our diets. I just want to make sure I am getting plenty of Vitamin D and calcium as I heal. I think the two can really help in the healing process since I am convinced this is bone related.
Today Evie has a friend over to swim and play. They are in their princess dresses right now while Jack Henry is following them around trying to play with them! So fun!
Tomorrow Gracie is going to an Honor's Symposium at a college for 2 weeks! It should be so interesting...plus it will give her 3 college credits. They will be writing, debating, listening to speakers, working in groups, and even going camping. Mike and I will be attending a banquet tomorrow night for the parents and students. I know this will be a great experience for her.
Busy and fun days!
I am missing the running, but I have come to terms with the fact that this is going to take some time. What has God been teaching me through this injury and this difficult time? That God is sovereign over every disappointment that comes my way. He has a wonderful plan...and I can rest in His grace. These light afflictions are temporal...but His eternal glory last and that is where I want to focus my eyes and heart.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

You're in a good place, Kim-having realized that the injury will just take longer to heal if you don't let it rest. Glad you're resting in His sovereignity and sustaining grace.
ReplyDeleteGracie's symposium sounds neat!
Your attitude to this is great. Those last three sentences are so profound and important and I would do well to take them on board too, during difficult times.
ReplyDeleteThe China Study sounds very interesting. And also I love hearing your family news! :)
I've read your last couple of posts and followed the story of your injury. Based on my experience, I'd encourage you to have the MRI and get a clear diagnosis. This injury is interfering with your life too much for you to not know for sure. My opinion, not professional medical advice. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI may end up getting one...but either way, the instructions will be *to rest until it heals*.
ReplyDelete