I had the most amazing lunch today. Not only was it so tasty, but it was loaded with nutrients, phtyochemicals, and vitamins. I just have to share! The lunch included some black bean salsa with baked tostitoes. And, I made a portabella mushroom and spinach sandwich. It was so good! Everything was so fresh and delicious!
Here are the recipes:
Black Bean Salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can niblets sweet corn,drained
1 large tomato, chopped. I bought some yummy locally grown tomatoes today and they are so delish!
1/2 purple onion, chopped
A bunch of chopped cilantro...the more the better in my opinion!
Dressing: Juice from 1 lime and about 1/4 cup of rice vinegar. Toss together and chill. This is good with baked tostitoes or even over some crisp romaine as a salad.
Portabella Mushroom and Spinach Sandwich
1 whole wheat bun, toasted
Red Pepper Hummus...just a tad to spread on bun
Chopped cilantro
Grilled or pan seared portabella mushroom cap
Tons of organic spinach stacked high
Just toast the bun, spread with hummus, and sprinkle with cilantro. I pan grilled the mushroom with a tad of balsamic vinegar...just cook until brown and tender. Add the spinach, smash the sandwich together, and enjoy!
For dessert, I had a small bowl of locally grown blackberries. Perfect!


Sounds like you are getting a great workout in the water! that bean salad looks delicious and I also LOVE cilantro!
ReplyDeleteYummy salsa! I'm definitely trying that recipe! Thanks for popping over and saying hi. Isn't Kate a sweetie? It's always fun to meet other homeschool moms - we're all in the "race" together, ha ha! I'm glad to have found another new running friend and look forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYour food sounds delicious! Yum. Except for the cilantro-not my favorite. Glad to hear your aqua exercise is going well-it's great that you have that option.
ReplyDeleteAre you able to talk to/email with G.?
She is camping right now and doing well, but we did go see her on Monday evening. She fell backwards and hit her head during one of the games...she appraently blacked out for a minute and was dizzy, poor vision. Although she had been checked out my a secuity and emt person we wanted to see her and make sure she was okay. She has gotten better as time has gone by, so no concussion...at least we don't think so.
ReplyDeleteWe have been talking with her on facebook and cell phones. She is having an amazing time!
I am hoping to hear from her soon...when they get back from camping.