Friday, July 3, 2009

A Praise and a Prayer Request

We are so thankful to have Gracie back home....but disappointed that they could not stay for the duration of their trip. She has been in Honduras for a short term mission trip and while they were there the president was overthrown and some violence broke out, mainly in the capital of Honduras. The group was about 2 hours away from the capital and were in a very safe area. But, when they found out the president was coming back and there could be some problems getting out of Honduras, they decided to come home early. I know it was a difficult decision. God was so kind to allow them to get so San Pedro Sula without any trouble and then safely fly home. She is home now and we are very thankful. I know that the adults who went with them were very cautious and did what was best. I am so thankful for that. They were in good hands and God provided for them! Gracie is a little disappointed that the trip she has been waiting on for so long ended early, but we also know that God has a plan in all of this. We are very glad that so many people heard the gospel in such a short amount of time. With all that was going on, the children in the area were let out of school, so they had many more children to minister to than expected. So even though the trip was shorter than planned, many children heard the gospel. That is a blessing!

Please pray for me....after tripping a couple of nights ago and landing with my weight on the hurt leg, it seems that the pain is back...not as bad as before, but much more achiness and groin pain than I had been having previously this week. (I thought it was getting better!) I guess I will have good days and bad until this completely heals. Also, I am wondering if the water running may be bothering the injury. I am going to rest from the water running for a while and see if it gets better. I am still contemplating an MRI because of the risk with a femoral neck stress fracture....I don't want it to be that and I don't think it is, but I just want to make sure. I just don't really know what I should do, except keep on resting it...and that's the plan for now.

To those who are running in races tomorrow...have a great race and enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will pray! So sorry to hear about your trip-ugh. I can imagine the pain and the disappointment you must be feeling. Are you getting lots of reading/scripture memory done since you can't exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim... I'm so sorry to hear your pain is back. I will be praying for wisdom in how to treat this - whether it be an MRI or a more lengthy break. I really do feel sympathize that you are going through this.

    I'm so glad to hear that Gracie is home safely. It sounds like the leaders used discernment with the ongoing issues in Honduras. The seeds were planted! PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim I am so sorry that the pain is back again after your fall and I really pray that healing will come. It must be so frustrating for you, my heart goes out to you.

    So sad that Gracie's mission trip had to be cut short but it seems like the leaders made a wise decision. These things are never easy. And God will bring to fruition the impact they were able to have in the time they were there. Love the pictures in the post above too!

    ReplyDelete