This is probably the best I have felt after a long run. I'm not achy, toes aren't bruised, feet don't hurt, and I feel somewhat energetic. Maybe I'm getting used to it! Or maybe it is because my pace was steady and slow. It seemed so much easier this time. I did stop half way for water and a potty break(I have issues with this! Must be the 4 babies I gave birth to!). The second 5 miles were easier than the first five...The first five felt kinda like torture, but I worked out of it somehow. The sun was warm and there was a nice breeze.
I have made my own drink for after my runs. I'm going to try this for a while and see how it works.
16 oz of water
1/4 cup of R.W. Knudsen's cranberry pomegranate juice
1/4 tsp of iodized salt
Mix and serve over ice.
Distance--10.05 mi
Time--1:40:41
Pace--10:01/mi
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

That's terrific Kim you had a good run. I think slow and steady is perfect for a long run.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the potty breaks=)
Keep us posted about how your drink works out. I found a lower sugar Gatorade called G2 this week but don't know if it will still give me headaches.
I always feel better during the second half of a run too.
ReplyDeleteI just tried the G2 that Terri mentioned and I like it better than regular. Let us know how your drink goes.
Great job today!