I started out with the plan of running a 10k today(6.2 miles)...but one mile into it I had the potty issue happen again. I won't go into details, but I was able to run 3.67 miles(painfully) and then had to stop and walk the rest of the way home. I never stop and walk. It was very frustrating. I feel kinda defeated and although I think I can run a half marathon, it won't happen if these kind of issues arise!!! This is my biggest hindrance to running. I've got to figure out what to do about it!!! Help! Maybe imodium AD...I have read some runners use that before races. Sorry if this was too much information...
Even with my problem, I'm thinking about running in a 10k this Saturday. Abigail may run the 5k. There are also races for my younger 2. Their ages can run in 200m races called the Tadpole Trot Races. So cute! We mapped out the length in our yard and timed them last night. They loved it! I am planning on taking them to a college track this week and have them *train* for their race! They are so excited!!! This would be my first race and I am really nervous about it.
Distance--3.67 painful miles
Time--34:14
Pace--9:19/mi
My goal for the 10k is to keep it under an hour...maybe 9 minute miles. (Wishful thinking, I know)
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Oh, Kim I can sympathize. I think I must go to the bathroom fifty times before I leave for a run. I ran through 2 of my pregnancies so I think that made matters worse=D. I have not tried the Imodium???I do Kegel exercises and I will not drink anything hours before a race so I will not have that uncomfortable pressure. Hopefully it won't keep you from joining in the fun of races. First races are always scary but once you start running the comradery with the other runners and the post race celebration makes them so fun.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of people using immodium ad chew tablets?! I always try to not drink or eat anything several hours before I run (when possible) and then I go right before I leave.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are able to do the 10k. I know you'll do great!