Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Working on my Speed

I have decided this is my hardest day....speed day. I am naturally a very slow runner. Running faster has pushed me, worn me out, and made me have more mental toughness. I guess these are all good things, but it is hard!!! (And I am still not really going that fast!)

Distance--3.11 mi
Time--27:42
Pace--8:54/mi (I thought this would be faster because I checked my pace through my run and I had it in lower 8/mi pace many times...but, I did include a couple of hills this time, that slowed me down)

I may not ever be a fast runner by everyone else's standards, but hopefully I am gaining physical fitness, determination, discipline, and toughness through this.

All of that to say that I really do love running and pushing myself. It feels good to know that I can do this! *A* for effort, right?

4 comments:

  1. I think that is a very good pace! Especially since you seem to have just begun to focus on speed work. You are right, it's great for developing mental discipline.;) the only thing I don't like about speed work, (except for the physical pain at times) is that I am too focused on running to pray. I love to pray while I run and when I'm concentrating on speed it's just too hard. Maybe it's also because I'm 40. ha!

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can not think about anything else while running hard...I agree, I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, I just had a chance to come over and check out your new blog. I love that you run. I've always thought it would be such a great way to get in shape and clear the head. This last month I'v tried to get out and walk then do little spurts of jogging. At times I feel so exhausted, breathing hard and red in the face, I wonder how people run at all! Any tips or sites you've found particularly helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I say I'm now checking out the links you listed on the sidebar~ didn't see that at first~ oops!

    ReplyDelete