Well, I guess this is my first real running injury. Although I have been running for years, I have been really pushing myself a lot lately and the result is my body could not handle it. I am hobbling around the house in a great deal of pain. I'm not sure what it is, but it hurts to put any weight on the injured leg. The pain is up high in the joint where my thigh joins into the hip. It does loosen up a little if I walk around, but still it is very difficult to walk. I need crutches. Seriously.
After reading up on injuries, my plan is to rest from running and walking for about a week, ice the injured area 2-3 times during the day, and maybe start stretching in a few days. Maybe I can gradually work back into walking/running when the pain is gone. I don't want to rush things and make it worse. I do not want to go to the doctor for an MRI unless I have to. So, I am going to wait it out for at least a week and see how I am doing.
I am pretty sure the speed work I was doing is was put the added stress on my hip and caused the injury. I knew I didn't like the speedy runs! : )
I would appreciate your prayers.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

I will continue to pray. The Lord has brought you to mind several times in the past 2 days. Your plan for rest and recovery sounds good and I hope you don't have to go to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteTake all the rest you need. It sounds like time off from running and walking is the right thing to do. I am praying for you Kim. That the pain will ease and soon you'll be able to get out running again.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers!
ReplyDeleteoh no!!!! :( hope you can rest even when you get ansy to run.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that, Kim. I will pray for you to heal quickly. It would definitely be good to take at least a week off.
ReplyDeleteOh Kim... I'm so sorry. Being in pain is no fun. I will be praying for you. I think I know what area you are dealing with because from time to time I will get some pain (or tightness) there. Please keep us posted. Resting is the best medicine! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs!