I am feeling better and can walk, which was not true on Thursday. It is very encouraging that it is getting better-a little each day. I stayed home from church today so that I could rest. I do not like to do this, but Mike thought it would be wise. With me home alone, I can really stay sitting down. I am trying to not stand or walk around too much, but that is hard to do with 4 kids! Gracie has a mission's meeting today so I will need to get out to eat lunch with everyone and bring the younger kids home while Mike stays around for her meeting. Living an hour away from church has its challenges!
I hope this is just a muscle pull and not a stress fracture. This area has been bothering me for a while, but not enough to keep me from running or anything. When I started having trouble with walking and more pain when I put weight on it, I knew I would have to stay off of it for a while. Hopefully after this week, I can try and walk and maybe work up to a slow run. If not, I may visit an orthopedic sports doctor because if it is a stress fracture,(only a MRI can show this) I will need to know. Stress fractures will only get worse if not allowed to heal all the way, whereas a muscle pull can be stretched and used while healing.
Mary Ann has inspired me to memorize scripture this summer, so I have begun memorizing 1st John. Our pastor is preaching through this book now, so I thought it would be good to work through this book at home as well. I have been working on 1st John 1:1-3 and have them down pretty well. It takes me a long time to memorize...so unlike my children who memorize so quickly! Maybe I can memorize chapter one this week. With no running early in the mornings, I should have lots of time for memorizing. One of the blessings of being injured!
Thank you for your sweet comments and prayers! I am trying to learn more patience...the wait for the adoption has been teaching me that, but I must need to learn more. I love to run, but if God needs to move it from me, then I must respond with patience and thankfulness.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Your beautiful attitude just shines! You are very encouraging!
ReplyDeletePraying for you... :)
Wonderful! I LOVE 1 John! We've been studying it for the past two years in our women's Bible study, and it's so rich. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are having the opportunity to rest a bit. Still praying you will recover soon. 1 John is great, we have been studying this book with our students this semester!
ReplyDeleteAnd Be thou my vision is one of my favourite hymns! :)
I wondered if your injury had kept you out y'day. I saw Mike across the gym but didn't see you and I didn't get to talk to him since we were running around trying to get ready for parent-baby dedication. I hope the rest yesterday did you well and you continue to improve this week! Now that I'm starting to walk (with a little bit of running thrown in there) I understand why people who do it love it so much! I will continue to pray for your recovery!
ReplyDeleteGina,
ReplyDeleteI am so sad that I missed baby dedication!!! I am improving some...thank you so much for your prayers! I am walking fine now, with only a little bit of pain...so hopefully with a week of resting, I should be good to go. (I hope!) That is great that you are walking and running! With 4 little ones, I'm sure it is a challenge having time for it. You are a busy mommy! Thanks so much for your comment and prayers!