Monday, July 27, 2009

Update on Life

No water running lately...very little walking or activity for 2 weeks straight until my trial run next week. I was having some minor aches and pain after water running, so my sweet husband suggested *no activity at all*, which was very wise. I have been following his orders and am feeling better this week. My plans are to walk and try running early next week and just see how it feels. I'm really excited about it! I hope it goes well. This week will be a rest week, so I am not going to be updating my blog until I see how I do with the running. So, check in with me next week and hopefully I will have some good news! Please pray that this week of doing nothing(physically) will finalize the healing process for me. Thanks so much!

I am so ready to be out there again.

Congratulations on all of you training for races! It is so inspiring to read about your progress and determination! I am excited for you all!

Gracie attended the Honor's Symposium these last 2 weeks and loved it! She met so many new friends and learned quite a bit. She attended Bible, anthropology, literature, and worldview classes. They even went camping and built a tabernacle(like OT) and constructed all the areas. They toured it and finished with singing *It Is Well With My Soul* as the veil was torn. Such great memories for her!

Now we are planning college visits for the fall. It is crazy trying to fit all of this into our already busy schedule, but we really want her to visit a few places to compare and see what would be the best place for her to learn and serve. She really wants to visit Union University and Cedarville University. She would love to visit Master's College...but we have all agreed that is it too far to visit and for her to go there for college...even though we know it would be great! Something about a daughter being that far away doesn't sit well with us. I am still realizing that I am a mother to a senior in high school. What craziness...but at the same time, God's plans are perfect! We are also signing her up for this worldview camp for next summer. I am so excited about this...I want to go to this, it sounds excellent. Please pray for us as we seek the Lord through the college decision process! Our heart's desire in all of this is to glorify God and to seek His wisdom.

Our next oldest will be going to Kanakuk later this week. We really like that camp, but have not sent our kids every year. I am praying that God will use this week in Abigail's life to draw her to Himself...and that she will meet other girls who are truly living for the Lord. What a blessing to be able to allow her to go!

Lots going on. Now I need to start working on ordering homeschool stuff! I think this is the latest I have ever began working on this! I must get started!

Have a great week everyone and I will be back next week. I am studying Romans 8 this week. What great truth to meditate on!

4 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you this week, Kim. I really hope running goes well next week.

    I'm working on homeschool stuff this week too. I think I almost have it all figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ONE busy Mamma!!!!! First, I hope you continue to feel better with each passing day.

    Second, I'm in the same boat...our youngest will be a Senior....lots of decisions to make!! :-)

    Blessings to you and your sweet...sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried running yet or are you going to wait a while longer? Praying that God will guide in Gracie's decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better every day! I keep checking your blog for a meal plan so I can get some more ideas. ;) I am always on the hunt for yummy, healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete