Friday, January 28, 2011

Slow, but good.

I ran 10 miles this morning and the first 6 or so felt great! I walked for a minute and ate a bite size Clif bar at the 6 mile mark. Then, silly me, forgot to turn my Garmin back on after stretching. I noticed it stopped after about another mile and half of running. So, my time is not exactly right, but it did give me an idea of where I might be for the race. I ran 10 in just under 2 hours, so another 3 would be about 30 minutes, so I am looking at a 2 1/2 hour time. Not too bad.

I did start getting really achy in my typical past injury areas and my lower back. The last 2 miles felt kinda bad, but I made it! I know I can do the whole 13.1! With proper rest before the run and a few snacks along the way, I should be fine. I also had a Lance Armstrong waffle thingie that I picked up at the Easy Runner Store. They are so delicious and I highly recommed them(see my link below). They are not a protein product, but super good for carb energy.

When I got home I made a blueberry whey protein smoothie and iced my achy areas. I am really trying to do things smarter this time!

Next week, my miles drop back down and then a 12 mile long run the following week!

6 comments:

  1. YEA! Great job Kim! I know that coming back is an uphill road but it will be no time before you can focus on other aspects of training. YEA! 10 miles Kim, just keep saying that 10 miles! you have hit double digits! You are training smart, be sure to give yourself rest for the next "uphill" run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri! Praying for your race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I am about to amp my training for the half I am doing the last weekend of April. Do you use a specific training schedule that you like? I liked the one I did last time, but thought about switching it up now that I am now a novice runner!
    You are such an inspiration!
    Also, didn't know if you knew, but my family is adopting from Ethiopia. Didn't know if you guys were still in process...so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I am using this schedule, but I have modified it a bit to keep my injury at bay...so less overall miles, but I am doing the long runs each week.
    http://www.littlerockmarathon.com/Upload/documents/2011halfmarathon_officialschedule.pdf


    Yes! I did kno about your adoption process and have been keeping up with it> I have been praying for you all! That is so exciting. China has been moving so slow(it hs been 5 years) that we are not sure we are going to still go through with it. It has been a heart breaking process, but we trust in God's sovereignty in all things. If we had not already spent so much $$ on the China adoption, we might have gone with Ethipoia or something else. God has a plan!

    But, I am rejoicing with you and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great running Kim! When is your half marathon? So excited that you are completely back to running again, I know how much you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am running in the Little Rock half March 6. I am still having to be careful...just sticking with low miles during the week and a longer run on the weekend. My goal is just to finish strong and have fun!

    ReplyDelete