Friday, January 7, 2011

Little Rock Half Marathon

Well, I am officially registered for the Little Rock Half Marathon. I am a little bit behind on the training because I have been keeping my distances shorter(3-4 milers). I ran 5 miles this morning and it felt good, but I was more tired at the end than usual...so I have a ways to go. Endurance wise, I feel pretty good about it. I have run 13 miles at home for just a regular long run, so I know I am capable....just not sure how the stubborn past injuries are going to do. Hopefully with a slow pace and taking lots of rest days, I should be fine.

My plan for the race is to have fun, go slow and steady, walk when I stop for drinks, and enjoy the day. I am really excited to finally be running the race of my dreams! Mike has reserved a hotel for me in the river market, so I won't have to get up so early and drive there. He may stay with me or go home to bring the kids back the next moning. We are not sure yet. It should be a lot of fun!

7 comments:

  1. If you could see me I am dancing around. YEA, YEA, Kim!!!! I will be doing the same for my first marathon back running, taking it easy, making it a fun day. It is about the victory of the return, not about the time, its about triumph and the journey back. I am elated for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terri! When are you running? A full or half? I was thinking your huband registered you for a half...when is it?

    Yes, it is about just being able to do it. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim I am registered for two half's. The Chevron Houston and then the Dallas RnR. I am just so grateful to be back running!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for you! We will have to stay in touch as we train...encouragement for eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you not only that you are back running again, injury free, but also able to sign up and run a half! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really am so so excited for you! praying for you through training. i think you have a very smart plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad you did it! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete