Friday, May 15, 2009

6

Distance--6.05 some hills
Time--55:53
Pace--9:13/mi


shred 
–verb (used with object)
1. to cut or tear into small pieces, esp. small strips;

–verb (used without object)
2. to be cut up, torn, etc.


(I copied this from my friend's blog who is also doing the SHRED.)

My children and I have been doing Jillian Michael's Shred dvd. Yes, my 6 year old Evie can do real men version push ups with me!(about 5-10 of them) The beginners level has some really good strength training with weights, too. It made me sore for a couple of days. I am anxious to move up to level 2 and see how I do. Hopefully my kids are learning that it is fun to be fit...and exercise is a delight not a chore!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm jealous of a 6-year-old! I am still doing the "wimpy" push-ups on my knees. Tell Evie I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,I can only do about 5-7 regular ones then I switch to the other ones, too. I was so impressed when I saw Evie doing them! I guess it is easy for her since she is so light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you really like the shred DVD? I've been considering buying it. Is it mostly strength and not a lot of cardio?
    BTW great job on the last two runs! Your speed and distances are really showing that you are getting stronger.
    I've been reading Ultra Marathon Man too. The book makes me laugh out loud. That guy is crazy but inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like it---it is circuit training, so equal amounts of time on cardio, strength, and abs with no rest in between. I like that it a no nonsense workout with basic moves...nothing fancy that take coordination(good for me)...just great exercises that I will use on their own at times, too. She shows easier ways to do them and how to maximize the workout to make it harder. I can not speak to the other 2 levels yet, but I really like what I have done so far.

    I love that book, except for a couple of bad words. He is a maniac, but in a good way. I was on the edge of my seat as he described his races. Crazy, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bit about "nothing fancy that takes coordination" suits me very well! My DVD should be arriving soon!

    It is great that you are giving your kids such a great approach to being fit and healthy and having fun.

    ReplyDelete