Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Double Dabble Run

If your kids read the Cul De Sac kids books, you will recognize that saying from Abby, the big sister of the 2 adopted Korean boys. Such cute books!

I had to use that saying here because I ran two times...a double run today. It just worked out that way and was quite nice actually.

I ran this morning and then also late afternoon. Abigail had a 2 mile run at the University's track for her soccer team this afternoon....the parents were invited to run, but I do not like running at the track too much unless it is for some speed running or to run the bleachers. I took off and ran a little around the campus...it was hot, but it was nice to have a change of environment.

Morning run:

Distance--3.36 miles
Pace--8:54/mi

Afternoon run:

Distance--2.92 miles
Pace--8:54/mi

How funny that my pace was the same for both! Consistency is good, I guess.


O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?


As I ran I thought about God's beautiful creation...how detailed everything is from the different leaves on the trees to the smallest of smallest details that we observe. How great God is to have the power to make it all and set it in place. That is TRUE GREATNESS. And yet, He still thinks of us and cares for us. Amazing love!

On a sidenote: We are all very excited about Kris Allen winning tonight. Lauren, who cuts my hair, went to high school with Kris and says he was just as nice, quiet, and humble back then as he is on the show. We are celebrating with him tonight! How fun!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 2 great runs in one day! I don't think I have ever run twice in one day. Love those verses, thanks for sharing them. It is good to be reminded of God's greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've been able to get in a "double day" I like your title much better =) I love your thoughts about God while running. One of the reasons I love to run is how His creation can set my mind on His Greatness. Thanks for sharing that.
    Consistency is a good thing and your pace is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome timing too!!! Ditto here, there's nothing more I love about running outside than to be free among everything he created. I'm usually awestruck in one way or another!

    ReplyDelete