I ran today and went a different route---down a long curvy road to a main highway. I liked it. It had one residential area that I circled through to add some distance. There was a little more traffic than what I would like, but I liked the long curvy country type road.
When I got back home, I was hot and tired, but I decided to push it a little more. I've been reading the Ultra Marathon Man and thought I am not hurting enough when I run! Ha! So, I did 6 speed intervals(about 100 yards each). I made myself run about 7 minute mile pace and really pushed myself for speed. I felt so great afterwards...it just relieves so much tension when you push it. I felt really strong. I won't be running any ultra marathons any time soon, but the book is inspiring to be the best you can be by pushing yourself. I have enjoyed it a lot! My husband is about to start the book.
Distance--4.66 mi
Time--42:36
Pace--9:08/mi
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Yes, Dean really pushes himself to the limits, doesn't he? It's pretty inspiring. Good for you working on speed and pace today - you never know you might do an ultramarathon yet! ;)
ReplyDeleteI need to mix up my running a bit more - I still haven't figured out what fartleks are! :)
I just noticed your shoes in your sidebar....they look very like the Jazz Pro 12 - I ordered mine today.
That's awesome!!
ReplyDeleteOk, I am soooo getting this book!
I think I might need to read this book. I don't push myself nearly enough w/my pace.
ReplyDelete