Monday, May 25, 2009

Hill Repeats

It was back to my hill repeats today. Nothing like a steep incline to wake you up in the morning! Most of my run was in the rain today...nothing hard like the 10k I ran in a few weeks ago, but just some steady light rain. People probably thought I was crazy...doing hill repeats in the rain! I am sure I looked pretty funny.

1x .5miles steady long hill

2x very steep victory hill (my goal is three of these in a row)

3x very steep short hill

1x long medium hill on the way home

Total distance--3.65...and a very slow pace!


This week I am doing a study on God's Holiness. I read this passage this morning.

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!”


And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

5 comments:

  1. Way to go on the hills, Kim! You're very disciplined!

    I love your idea of meditating on one of God's characteristics while you run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your mom doing? Great work on the hills, you amaze me. I have still one hill that I can't run up yet.

    I was studying those very verses last week with a student; the holiness of God really emphasizes how ugly our sin is and in turn causes us to be thankful and worship God. I love that! Good to be reminded of these verses again, thanks Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your concern, Jane.

    My mom came home from the hospital today(Monday). I just got home from taking her home and getting her settled back in. She is much better, but still coughing some and weak...whatever she had really had her feeling bad. Plus, in the hospital they found out from tests that she also has a urinary tract infection. She is being treated for that, also. She is very glad to be home. I am praying that she will continue to get better.

    Thank you for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she is doing better and is back home. Oh, a UTI is not pleasant, I hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful news your mom is home and on the mend! I will continue to pray for a full recovery.

    Wow - great idea on the hills. We have some very hilly roads here and I've been debating if I should just repeat once a week. I know I will dread it!!

    ReplyDelete