Usually Thursday is my rest day...but with the sun shining bright and Abigail needing to run a 2 mile run for soccer, I decided to run this afternoon. The first 2 miles with Abigail went well. We ran a pretty good pace and stayed right under 9 minute miles. She went home; I kept going.
The heat made it really hard today. I think it got close to 90 degrees today. I had to walk up a hill that I usually run up with no problem...but I just felt like I could get too hot. I didn't want to take that chance at all!
I have decided there are 2 things I really love about running...the hot shower/bath after a cold run and the cool breeze in the shade after a hot run! When I finished today there was a nice shady area across the street from my house where I walked to cool down. A nice breeze kicked in and it felt so good!!! Awww....so nice!
Distance--4.87 miles
Time--46:41
Pace--9:35/mi
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

I hear ya on the heat factor! I struggled two weekends ago BADLY with the heat. I hope we adjust to it... Nonetheless, you still did excellent in your time!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you run with your daughter! A Shower after a run is always sweet, isn't it? And sitting in the breeze sounds like a lovely way to cool down. I love a bit of drizzle at the end of a long run.
ReplyDelete