Saturday, May 9, 2009

Long Run Today

It was overcast and cool when I began, but the sun popped out about halfway through the run. I stopped once for water at 6.5 miles. I ran slow and steady this morning and ran hard at the end.

Distance--10.05 miles with 2 big hills
Time--1:40:38
Pace--10.01/mi

Our family went to the Kris Allen (Amercian Idol top three) homecoming parade and concert last night. It was a lot of fun! We were pretty far from him, but they had the large screen up so we could see. His brother introduced him and he sang three songs. There was an estimated 15,000 people there! We have never had a contestant live so close to us, so it was a lot of fun to be a part of it! Kris is a worship leader at a church and his pastor got up and prayed before the concert. I wonder if that part will be on American Idol Tuesday?




4 comments:

  1. Great job on the 10! I'm glad it was a good run for you this time.
    We saw news coverage of Kris Allen's home coming on the local news. It did look crowded. Of course they showed nothing of the opening prayer. Looks like it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job today! You are so ready to run a half!

    Looks like a great night last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Wendy, you could do a half no problem! Love seeing your photos, looks like it was a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are totally ready for a half. You would have excellent timing as well! ;) (feel the pressure yet?!) ;)

    Sounds like a great concert!

    ReplyDelete