I was so thankful to see the sun rising as I ran up a hill this morning...once I reached the top the sun was shining very brightly in my face! Such a beautiful sight after so much rain! I think the sun gave me a reason to run just a little farther today! I wanted to just soak it in!
I ran by 2 honeysuckle patches this morning, too. They must be blooming right now. My pace slowed greatly so I could just take in the fragrant aroma of the sweet honeysuckles...I love that smell!!! It reminds me of my childhood...running barefoot in the grass, being carefree, and enjoying being outside for hours.
This is what running is all about to me. I loved it today!
Distance--7.06 mi
Time--1:08:13
Pace--9:39/mi
Marathon #11 - a PR at last!!
10 years ago

Sounds like a perfect run. I noticed at the end of my run today the sky was just starting to lighten. I might just get to see the sunrise during my early runs soon. Great job on the distance and time.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Amen, and AMEN to all of that!
ReplyDeleteI, too, noticed the honeysuckle and roses on my long run Saturday... ahhhh! The best part of running is HIS beauty and creation everywhere!!!
Ahh, that sounds so nice!
ReplyDeletemmm, the sun on your face and the smell of honeysuckle.....sounds perfect. Great run! Are you liking your new shoes?
ReplyDelete